Thursday, September 18, 2008

Spain! (part 1)

Hello, from Spain! My Dad and I are in Sant Cugat (near Barcelona) this week and next for a photo trip. Here's the view out of our window here at the hotel, which is apparently the only one in town. As the only hotel in town, it's awesome! Actually it is quite nice if a bit expensive (stupid cheap dollar).


Over the next week I'll be posting some highlights of my pictures, hopefully they'll be awesome. Here are a few to get started from our first day here in Sant Cugat.

A lovely photo of my dad in our room today. Doesn't he look great in the Spanish light?


Oooh! Those crazy European street signs!


This was a very cool fence that my Dad and I found made from the slats of wine barrels. He loves those fences... also, doors.


How very European... graffiti AND smoking.


I don't really know what to say about this, but I liked this sign... I guess it was the "professora" part, it caught my eye... not that I'm looking for a job, I don't think I'd even be elidgible for a professora job... not without some serious work.


El Perro! The no-eyed dog! (Actually he does have eyes, I just call him that because he and I have an inside joke. No, I can't tell you the joke, because then it won't be inside any more, will it?)


Owner of El Perro! the no eyed dog. He's resting on some waste bins, they have tons of them here, all different kinds. There are public recycling bins for everything - green waste, light bulbs (incandescent and fluorescent), batteries... right on the street, it's awesome.


I really liked this old tyme wall so I stood around waiting for someone to walk by. Luckily this here native did just that.


We found this awesome market thingie... look! Olives! This was a whole stand of just olives. Olives chock full of garlic. Good for ye!


Oliveoligist packing away said fruits for purchase.


Here's another Spaniard selecting a few flowers from a vendor at the market.


Another vendor, yucking it up with the clientele.


Apparently not very busy selling things.


We stopped off at a pharmacia to look for some sinus wash (don't ask) and met this very friendly pharmacist who was rather embarrassed when I asked to take her picture. Luckily, she said yes.


Hey Kids! Don't you want ice cream!?! I'M THE ICE CREAM MAN! COME EAT MY HEAD! Not scary at all.


And finally... another dog.


No comments: